Today I’m sharing some of my favourite online places to catch up with lifestyle inspiration from Britain. In no particular order:
- Britrish has a wonderful talent for sharing quirky glimpses of British life which I might otherwise miss. I always find something entertaining on her site:
- Novelicious is a terrific site for readers and writers of women’s fiction. There’s a distinctly British leaning in the books and events featured, not surprising since contributors live all over the UK:
- Mind the Gap is run by BBC America and focuses specifically on the differences from one side of The Pond to the other:
- Modern Country Style is perfect for those who love to look at beautiful, simple houses and dream perhaps of escaping to an English cottage – but without any naff floral wallpaper:
- Delightful Repast is not actually located in the UK but blogger Jean says her heart is there and so are many of her recipes. Ideal reading for baking inspiration:
- A Lady in London has over 16,000 twitter followers who enjoy the regular posts from London and far beyond:
- April J Harris offers a wide spectrum of lifestyle topics. She also travels extensively so has great posts for those of us living vicariously!
- Boden I do like Boden’s clothing, although prices are climbing and some of those retro patterns make my eyes spin. I might be the only one who drools over the British backdrops in their catalogue, as much as the clothing itself:
Which are your favourite blogs, British or otherwise?
All photos belong to the respective blog owners.
Would you like free tips and tools to manage your website and writing time?
Sign up to get resources by email, every 2 weeks: