Today I’m sharing some of my favourite online places to catch up with lifestyle inspiration from Britain. In no particular order:
- Britrish has a wonderful talent for sharing quirky glimpses of British life which I might otherwise miss. I always find something entertaining on her site:
- Novelicious is a terrific site for readers and writers of women’s fiction. There’s a distinctly British leaning in the books and events featured, not surprising since contributors live all over the UK:
- Mind the Gap is run by BBC America and focuses specifically on the differences from one side of The Pond to the other:
- Modern Country Style is perfect for those who love to look at beautiful, simple houses and dream perhaps of escaping to an English cottage – but without any naff floral wallpaper:
- Delightful Repast is not actually located in the UK but blogger Jean says her heart is there and so are many of her recipes. Ideal reading for baking inspiration:
- A Lady in London has over 16,000 twitter followers who enjoy the regular posts from London and far beyond:
- April J Harris offers a wide spectrum of lifestyle topics. She also travels extensively so has great posts for those of us living vicariously!
- Boden I do like Boden’s clothing, although prices are climbing and some of those retro patterns make my eyes spin. I might be the only one who drools over the British backdrops in their catalogue, as much as the clothing itself:
Which are your favourite blogs, British or otherwise?
All photos belong to the respective blog owners.
Would you like a free 8-step Author Website Starter Kit?
With clear explanations and impartial advice, you'll feel ready to make decisions on the purpose of your website, choosing a platform, and the main content you need.