Saving Saffron Sweeting is the first novel set in the fictional English village of Saffron Sweeting, near Cambridge.
Saving Saffron Sweeting was a quarter finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award.
Saving Saffron Sweeting
Grace Palmer’s British friends all think she’s living the American Dream.
But her design business is floundering and when she discovers her husband is cheating with her best client, she panics and flees home to England.
The tranquil village of Saffron Sweeting appears to be a good place for Grace to lick her wounds, but the community is battling its own changes. Reluctantly, Grace finds herself helping her new neighbours as they struggle to adjust and save their businesses. However, not everyone has the same opinion on what’s good for the village. The charismatic new man in her life may have one speculative eye on Grace, but the other is firmly on profit. How will she navigate the tricky path between her home and her happiness?
With gentle humour and generous helpings of British tea and cake, Saving Saffron Sweeting explores one woman’s need to define herself through her career and community, before she can figure out who should be by her side.
- “The writing was beautiful and considerate…I really loved everything about it.”
- “Full of charm and wit (and jam and cream).”
- “Will make you feel like you’ve taken a trip to the English countryside and made lovely new friends, without having to buy the plane ticket.”
- “Filled with witty phrases and a wonderfully cheery and sarcastic sense of humor.”
- Read more reviews.
Paperback, 294 pages.
E-book ISBN: 978-0-9889731-1-4
To receive notifications when I publish new novels, please sign up.
As well as my fiction updates, you’ll get two free guides exclusively for newsletter subscribers:
- 50 British Foods to Try Before You Die
- 60 Things to Know Before Your First Trip to England