Since moving from England to California, I’ve noticed a steady increase in the number of British companies whose products are available in the USA (and possibly Canada, too). If you’re located west of the pond but would like to include some Anglophile influences in your gift shopping this year, I’ve created a Pinterest board with some tempting options:
Above, and on the Pinterest board, you’ll find products from:
- The BBC : Mostly DVDs, but some gifts themed around popular shows like Downton Abbey too.
- Emma Bridgewater : Lovely ranges of china and household items.
- The Bees Knees British Imports : Gifts and household items, including a wonderful choice of mugs.
- Whittard : Tea, coffee and everything you need to put it in.
- Hotel Chocolat : Quality chocolates at a premium price.
- Boden : Clothing and accessories, often with a retro twist.
- Marks and Spencer : A British high street giant, offering overseas delivery for clothing and household items.
- John Lewis : Possibly the best department store in the world. Sigh.
- White Stuff : Clothing and accessories; fun fabrics and prints.
- Pure Collection : Mostly cashmere, and priced accordingly.
- Jo Malone : Simple, sumptuous fragrances.
- Molton Brown : Beauty, bath and body.
Boden, Jo Malone and Hotel Chocolat are all on my wish list this year, and I’ll be doing my own reconnaissance of John Lewis, Marks and Spencer and White Stuff during an upcoming trip to England.
Lastly, a quick reminder that a signed paperback by a British author makes a lovely gift!
With the exception of my book(!), I’m not receiving any compensation for promoting the brands on this page.
Would you like free tips and tools to manage your website and writing time?
Sign up to get resources by email, every 2 weeks: