In Gretchen Rubin’s Four Tendencies structure, I’m an upholder, meaning I don’t need a huge amount of external accountability for my personal goals. Nonetheless, posting monthly goals here has been stunningly effective in keeping me on track! So here I am again with more public promises…
My February results
- Done: Prepare & deliver a productivity webinar for IBPA.
- Partly done (2 out of 3 submitted): Write 3 blog posts for the 85K Writing Challenge.
- Done: Pitch 4 more podcasts.
- Done (not right for me at this time): Research an organization where I’m thinking of leading a local chapter.
- Done: 4 blog posts for my site; 2 productivity newsletters; 1 fiction newsletter.
- Done: Publish Indie With Ease through Ingram Spark.
- Done, by the skin of my teeth: Write 21,000 words of my next novel (or finish the first draft, whichever comes sooner).
- Done: Take part in this fun online Chick Lit prize hop; mail prizes.
- Done: 2 mini courses from my email backlog.
- Done, by the skin of my teeth:Learn about AMS advertising & get started!
- Done: Volunteer at the San Francisco Writers Conference.
- Done: Personal: run a half marathon, order new bedroom curtains, book UK hotel for June.
- Bonus: Embraced my love of stationery; mailed thank you notes and gifts to 8 special people.
- Bonus: met for an author coffee date with the energetic and inspiring Colleen Riordan.
- Habits: Meditated -24 days / Exercised -18 days / Tracked food eaten -7 days / Flossed teeth -25 days / Weight on March 1st – 132 / Books finished: 3.
- Being “on” for 4 days at a conference, even as a volunteer, wipes me out…
- Blocking my calendar for different types of work on different days is hugely helpful.
- Loose ends zap my energy far more than I tend to realize.
- I need to stay vigilant about not signing up for free webinars, and especially online summits!
My March goals
- Publish Indie With Ease through PublishDrive.
- Identify which major edits are needed for for my next novel.
- Re-read Secrets in the Sky, so I get my facts straight in future Saffron Sweeting books!
- Track current Amazon ads, learn & test some more.
- Revisit Pinterest & Tailwind approach; adjust as necessary.
- Review my notes from this year’s San Francisco Writers Conference.
- Sort out all the free educational content I’ve “saved,” and prioritize it.
- Release a done-for-you writer’s topic calendar for sale.
- Draft either my next content upgrade or a free e-book.
- Write a guest post for BadRedhead Media; record podcasts with the 85K Writing Challenge.
- Compile a list of local writing groups where I might speak.
- Sort out a flight to Boise for this conference.
- Personal: Long weekend for skiing; cheer for husband here; schedule either a piano tuning or drywall repairs; nutrition challenge at my gym; clear backlog of personal to-do paperwork.
I hope that by sharing some of my goals here, I encourage you to seek a little accountability for something important you’re working on. Needless to say, you’re welcome to share in the comments here. Or, shoot me an email with your goal and I’ll undertake to check in with you on March 31st!
Would you like free tips and tools to manage your website and writing time?
Sign up to get resources by email, every 2 weeks: