I’m proud and excited to announce the release of my new, free course, teaching you step-by-step how to build a basic website.
Simple Website Creator is perfect if you don’t have the budget to hire a professional designer, and you’re willing to keep your site pared back and straightforward in terms of design and content.
What’s in this free website course?
In 6 modules containing bite-sized video lessons, you’ll learn how to:
- Make a quick plan for your basic website;
- Create 3 initial pages;
- Add (and style) text and buttons;
- Insert images and adjust your background;
- Include a header and footer on each page;
- Test and publish your website.
You’ll work on a free platform, which means you don’t have to spend a penny to build and launch your simple website.
I’m super proud of this course. More than one person suggested I should charge for it, and I’m convinced it could have a price tag of $197 or higher.
So, why is it free?
- This year has been an emotional, practical, and economic slog for many. Several of you have told me you’d love to work with me, but simply can’t afford to. Others are scrambling to start new ventures to replace lost income. Frankly, I want to help.
- The tool we’ll use is called Carrd and honestly, I think it’s the best-kept secret in web design. As long as you’re willing to keep your website simple, Carrd is a fantastic place to start. This is my pragmatic way of introducing more folks to this platform!
Good to know
- This is a beginner-level course.
- You’ll create a basic website, using the Carrd platform.
- You won’t need to spend anything to design and publish your simple website.
- It’s not suitable if you want a website with an online store.
- It’s not right for you if you want to add a blog to your site.
- This is an improved version of a beta-test course I ran in March with a lovely group of students (thank you, beta friends!)
Would you like a free 8-step Simple Website Starter Kit?
With clear explanations and impartial advice, you'll feel ready to make decisions on the purpose of your website, choosing a platform, and the main content you need.