The fourth romantic comedy in my collection of books set in the fictional English of Saffron Sweeting is published today!
Ten Things My Husband Hated introduces us to Maggie, just as her friends in the village realise she’s struggling to get over her divorce. Eager to help, they compile a list of ten things her ex-husband couldn’t stand. From tattoos to Ferris Wheels, she’s supposed to live large and erase the last traces of her marriage. But the list has hidden depths and is about to launch Maggie into a whole new life. Is she ready for the ride?
Maggie Moone is happily divorced.
And with her talent for fixing things, she’s perfectly content with her mundane life in the sleepy English village of Saffron Sweeting. That is, until one humiliating March evening when she learns everyone else assumes she’d love to mend her broken marriage.
Determined to prove them wrong, Maggie and her friends concoct a list of ten ways to assert her independence and live large. But her mission to move on leads to unexpected encounters, and Maggie soon finds herself mixing business with pleasure. Is the attractive young Irishman just another item on her list, or is he something more?
Before long, unresolved issues from her past begin to clash, and Maggie is forced to wonder if antagonising her ex-husband was such a stellar idea.
No sooner does she begin to understand what’s important to her, than she stands to lose everything that truly matters.
This is the fourth in the collection of Saffron Sweeting romantic comedies, which can be read in any order. If you like gentle British humour and deliciously resilient heroines, you’ll love Ten Things My Husband Hated.
All from Goodreads.
- “I highly recommend that you relax with this positive and engaging romantic comedy. If you have read the earlier books in the series then you know that Saffron Sweeting is a sunny place. And if this is your first time in the village, you will enjoy yourself.”
- “I read 10 Things My Husband Hated in its entirety during a recent flight. I honestly didn’t want to put it down. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the books in the Saffron Sweeting series, but I think this is my favourite so far.“
- “Great to read by the beach/pool or cosying up by the fire, with a nice cup of tea or mulled wine!”
- “I feel a little bit melancholy now that I’ve finished the book. I really got into the life of Maggie and her exploits and couldn’t wait to get back to reading the book each time.”
- “I devoured the entire book in one afternoon, stopping only for tea breaks (which seemed appropriate!).”
To celebrate the book’s release, I’m offering a $100 bookish box of prizes to one lucky winner.
My first novel came out in 2013 and at the time, I didn’t have expectations (or even dreams) that my work would resonate enough with readers to make more books possible. Looking back, I think I assumed one book would be my “bucket list” item achieved, and that my writing story would end there.
It’s a little surreal for me that I’ve now published four of these romantic comedies, and I want to say a massive thank you for all the support and encouragement I’ve received. I truly would not still be writing without you.
Would you like a free 8-step Author Website Starter Kit?
With clear explanations and impartial advice, you'll feel ready to make decisions on the purpose of your website, choosing a platform, and the main content you need.