Time’s been on my mind this week, and not just because I’m off to England for some family fun, and trying to pull a few ends together before I go. So I’ve gathered here the posts containing my most popular time tips so far.
I was also struck by this wise advice (my apologies to the originator, but I can’t remember where I saw it):
Time isn’t something you find, it’s something you make.
How many of us say things like “if I can find the time” or “when I find time”? The reality is, we don’t just find spare hours lying around, or gift-wrapped and sitting on our front doorstep. If we truly want do something, we must make the effort to make the time.
As I’ve pondered that insight, I looked back at some of my previous time tips. Here are the most popular ones, in case you’d like to revisit them too:
- What I learned from my 3-month Facebook vacation. Hint: I didn’t miss much.
- Email is someone else’s opinion of how you should spend your time. Don’t get sucked into what they think you should be doing.
- Time management secrets of serene women (article for House of Fifty magazine). Please don’t try to do it all!
- Why our lives need plenty of white space, both physical and in our calendars.
- Serenity tip: schedule your leisure time and be intentional about it.
Bonus tip: Plan your week! This makes a huge difference. Find out more.
In the past I’ve used a custom-made Agendio planner to schedule my time. It enabled me to put action items on the same page as my appointments, which made me significantly more realistic about how much I can get done. This planner is a bit of an investment, but I loved mine.
If you have other favourite resources or time tips, I’d love for you to share them below.
Would you like free tips and tools to manage your website and writing time?
Sign up to get resources by email, every 2 weeks: