Time’s been on my mind this week, and not just because I’m off to England for some family fun, and trying to pull a few ends together before I go. So I’ve gathered here the posts containing my most popular time tips so far.
I was also struck by this wise advice (my apologies to the originator, but I can’t remember where I saw it):
Time isn’t something you find, it’s something you make.
How many of us say things like “if I can find the time” or “when I find time”? The reality is, we don’t just find spare hours lying around, or gift-wrapped and sitting on our front doorstep. If we truly want do something, we must make the effort to make the time.
As I’ve pondered that insight, I looked back at some of my previous time tips. Here are the most popular ones, in case you’d like to revisit them too:
- What I learned from my 3-month Facebook vacation. Hint: I didn’t miss much.
- Email is someone else’s opinion of how you should spend your time. Don’t get sucked into what they think you should be doing.
- Time management secrets of serene women (article for House of Fifty magazine). Please don’t try to do it all!
- Why our lives need plenty of white space, both physical and in our calendars.
- Serenity tip: schedule your leisure time and be intentional about it.
Bonus tip: Plan your week! This makes a huge difference. Find out more.
In the past I’ve used a custom-made Agendio planner to schedule my time. It enabled me to put action items on the same page as my appointments, which made me significantly more realistic about how much I can get done. This planner is a bit of an investment, but I loved mine.
If you have other favourite resources or time tips, I’d love for you to share them below.
Would you like a free 8-step Simple Website Starter Kit?
With clear explanations and impartial advice, you'll feel ready to make decisions on the purpose of your website, choosing a platform, and the main content you need.