Here are some pieces of writerly advice which struck a special note with me in August:
- Find your niche and learn before you leap: 5 tips for making a living as a writer.
- Is the character sitting next to you as you read? How to read like a writer.
…And if your characters are coming up short, try these tips which work for making any character more loveable. Not just for romances!
- “Just finish the damn thing” ~ I devoured everything in this advice from Douglas Coupland.
- If you’re still missing the magic spark, try 23 ideas to revitalize your story, including red herrings and white rabbits.
- What to eat to enhance creativity: how about sitting down to write with a mug of green tea and a chunk of chocolate at your side?
- Feeling ignored? Take this test & be honest: 7 differences between published and unpublished authors.
- And just for fun: London walk for fans of Harry Potter.
For more advice from these great sources, check out their Twitter feeds:
@RachelleGardner, @WritersRelief, @thecreativepenn, @litreactor, @melissadonovan, @AuthorMedia, @VisitBritain.
…and visit Etsy for more beautiful artwork from Chasing the Crayon.
Would you like free tips and tools to manage your website and writing time?
Sign up to get resources by email, every 2 weeks: