Here are some pieces of writerly advice which struck a special note with me in August:
- Find your niche and learn before you leap: 5 tips for making a living as a writer.
- Is the character sitting next to you as you read? How to read like a writer.
…And if your characters are coming up short, try these tips which work for making any character more loveable. Not just for romances!
- “Just finish the damn thing” ~ I devoured everything in this advice from Douglas Coupland.
- If you’re still missing the magic spark, try 23 ideas to revitalize your story, including red herrings and white rabbits.
- What to eat to enhance creativity: how about sitting down to write with a mug of green tea and a chunk of chocolate at your side?
- Feeling ignored? Take this test & be honest: 7 differences between published and unpublished authors.
- And just for fun: London walk for fans of Harry Potter.
For more advice from these great sources, check out their Twitter feeds:
@RachelleGardner, @WritersRelief, @thecreativepenn, @litreactor, @melissadonovan, @AuthorMedia, @VisitBritain.
…and visit Etsy for more beautiful artwork from Chasing the Crayon.