Got a case of writer blues? Feeling blocked, or just blah? Here are my top 8 ways for mustering your mojo in a hurry.
1. Brush your teeth. Preferably, take a shower, too.
2. Get out of those nasty old clothes. Just because you’re feeling blue doesn’t mean you have to wear rags. (Oh, and, put some nicer clothes on instead, so you don’t frighten the mailman.)
3. Pick just one room in your house and tidy it quickly. Putting away some visual clutter will make you feel more in control and more peaceful.
4. Go outside, just for a few minutes. Breathe deeply and let the oxygen work its magic. And you know I’m going to say it: get moving for even greater benefit.
5. Play a favorite song. Just be sure it’s something upbeat and cheerful. I can’t hear Eye of the Tiger or Flashdance without feeling a return of fighting spirit.
6. Make a decision. Apparently, any decision is better than no decision.
7. Drink some cold water. Or, brew up a cup of tea and use your favorite posh mug, instead. I love Earl Grey to chase away writer blues.
8. Play with an animal. Labrador puppies are clearly top choice, but if you can’t find one of those, improvise. Even feeding the local ducks never fails to make me smile.
You might want to check out this post on author energy, too.
And I’d love to know, what’s your favorite way to beat the writer blues?
Follow this blog with Bloglovin.
Would you like free tips and tools to manage your website and writing time?
Sign up to get resources by email, every 2 weeks: